Colin Corner, BA(Econ), CIM®, CFP®Wealth Advisor, Associate Portfolio Manager
Colin has helped individuals and companies grow, manage and protect their assets for over 25 years. After forming The Wealth & Benefits Group in 2008, he assembled a professional team specializing in developing customized investment, benefits and risk management solutions for clients.
Graduating in 1986 with an Economics degree from McMaster University, Colin gained valuable experience in retail and private banking, estates, investments, Financial planning and employee benefits, followed by ten years as the senior executive and consultant of a successful Financial planning agency.
Colin has enjoyed conducting client seminars, financial planning workshops and writing articles. Over the past 25 years he has gained valuable technical and practical knowledge including the following areas:
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics Major) from McMaster University
- Chartered Investment Manager (CIM)
- Certified Financial Planner
- CSI Canadian Securities Course
- IFIC Investment Funds in Canada Course
- IFIC Branch Managers Course
- CSI Professional Financial Planning
- Level 2 Life, Accident & Sickness License
- Estate, Trusts & Estate Agency Experience
- Credit Analysis & Underwriting Experience
- Institute of Canadian Bankers Wealth Management Program
- Investment Governance & Corporate Investment Planning
- Served as an Ontario Hospital Board and Finance Committee Member
- Volunteer Executive Committee Member Royal Canadian Legion
In September 2011, Colin was the national recipient of the 2011 Best Client Experience Award presented at the 2011 Investment Planning Counsel National Conference.
Insurance products available through Colin Corner.